AB 86 Adult Education Regional Consortia Program
Certification of Eligibility
AB 86 Planning Fund Extension
AB 86 planning funds may be extended into the 2015-2016 fiscal year to help cover the gap that may develop between planning & implementation as a result of the August 30, 2015 deadline for adult education block grant allocations. See below for instructions on what your region needs to do in order to be granted an extension.
If you plan to spend your AB86 grant funds by June 30, 2015, please continue following the original grant instructions and close out your grant by August 31, 2015.
CLICK HERE for Instructions for Extensions
Annual Work Plan Spreadsheet
AB 86 Grant Names and Original Dollar Amounts
Eligibility for Extensions
Only AB86 consortia that are current as of the 3rd Quarter with AB86 Expenditure and Progress Reporting are eligible to submit an extension request. The AB86 extensions will be for the time period July 1, 2015 through December 31, 2015.
Work Plan Submission
The Annual Work Plan Excel Spreadsheet must be submitted electronically in a single PDF (no separate e-mails with pieces will be accepted). The Annual Work Plan will cover implementation activities (pilots and strategies included in plan) to take place with grant funds to be expended between June 30, 2015 and December 31, 2015. The single PDF of the extension must be e-mailed with the subject line reading: AB 86 Grant Extension, Name of Consortium to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. Friday, April 17, 2015.
Note: The "Do First" Tab of the work plan spreadsheet must match what is listed on original grant face sheet (CLICK HERE for AB86 grant names & original dollar amounts).
Budget Summary & Detailed Sheets
Budget Summary and Budget Detailed Sheets must be completed for all extensions. The Budget Summary must be signed by the district's Chief Business Officer (or authorized designee) and the Project Director only if the grantee is moving more than 10% of the total grant amount from one object of expenditure to another as compared to the original budget submitted in February 2014 as part of the Certification of Eligibility. The budget summary is to be signed by the Project Director and the District Chief Business Officer/Designee with original signature and four signed copies in blue ink. This original signature document must be sent to the AB86 Office by April 17, 2015 - see below for where to send.
The completed grant extension will require a signed face sheet by the grantee. If you plan to request a contract extension, please contact Karen Baker (AB86 Office) at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 27, 2015 to request a pre-loaded face sheet ready for signature. The face sheet must be signed by Chief Executive Officer (or authorized designee) with original signature and four signed copies in blue ink. This document must be sent to the AB86 Office by April 17, 2015 - see below for where to send.
Original Signature Submission
Original signature documents must be sent by express mail to the following address by April 17, 2015:
California Community College Chancellor's Office
AB86 Office, 3rd Floor
1102 Q Street
Sacramento, CA 95811
Attn: Karen Baker
Technical Assistance Webinars
A technical assistance webinar will be held on March 20th and April 3rd at 12:00PM to 1:00PM to cover the instructions, forms, and questions you may have regarding the extension.
To access the webinar, please see the instructions below or see the webinar series page.
- Dial your telephone conference line: (888) 886-3951
- Cell phone users dial: 913-312-3202
- Enter your passcode: 153705
- Go to http://www.cccconfer.org/index3.aspx
- Click the Participant Log In button under the Meet and Confer logo
- Locate your meeting and click Go
- Fill out the form and click Connect
***Final Regional Comprehensive Plans were due on March 1, 2015. Submission guidelines were as follows: ***
- Submit your narrative report, including the tables for Objectives 3 to 7, as a single document in PDF format.
- Use the following naming convention for the file: Grant Number-Regional Consortium Name- 3.1.15 Final Plan.
- Submit the Excel tables for Objectives 1 and 2 in a separate, Excel file.
- Include a cover sheet, table of contents, and narrative for all seven objectives and tables for objectives 3-7 in one PDF document.
- Refer to the report checklist available on the COE Materials page to ensure you have included all parts of the regional comprehensive plan including:
- Organizational structure
- List of members and partners
- Shared leadership strategies
- Involvement of faculty and teachers
- Communication strategy for the planning process.
Intent to Award Memo
Adult Education Regional Consortia Program Certification of Eligibility (COE) Materials
The California Community College Chancellor’s Office (CCCCO) and the California Department of Education (CDE) are pleased to announce the release of the AB 86 Adult Education Regional Consortium Program Certification of Eligibility (COE) Materials. The AB 86 Regional Consortium Program COE is the result of a partnership between the CCCCO and the CDE. The agencies jointly established an AB 86 Cabinet to guide and oversee the activities of a Work Group that developed the COE. The consortia that form as a result of this COE will further expand this partnership across the state to better serve the educational needs of adults in California.
Letter from the AB 86 Cabinet to Adult Education Stakeholders
The COE focuses on Community College Districts and K-12 School Districts coming together to improve Adult education in five key areas. The areas of focus are as follows:
- Elementary and secondary basic skills, including classes required for a high school diploma or high school equivalency certificate
- Classes and courses for immigrants eligible for education services in citizenship and English as a second language and workforce preparation classes in basic skills
- Education programs for adults with disabilities
- Short-term career technical education programs with high employment potential
- Programs for apprentices
The CCCCO and CDE will be hosting technical assistance webinars on Fridays at noon through the end of February beginning this Friday, December 20th at 12:00 pm. Stakeholders can to submit questions to email@example.com.
CLICK HERE for more information on the technical assistance webinars.
Eligible applicants for these funds are Community College Districts (CCD) and K-12 School Districts (K-12 SDs). The COE is a non-competitive distribution of funds to eligible Adult Education Regional Consortia. Applications are expected to be a collaborative effort between CCDs and K-12 SDs and one request for funding per region is expected. Funds will be issued to one consortium per region. Regions are defined as the geographic boundary of the 72 California Community College Districts. A letter of eligibility from Adult Education Regional Consortia fiscal agents is due on January 31, 2014. All other required documentation is due on Monday, February 24, 2014.